How to run Android Studio on Fedora 20.
- Download the archive from the Android Studio from official homepage
- Unpack it somewhere
- Go to the android-studio/bin
- Run the ./studio.sh
If the error message “JDK Required: ‘tools.jar’ seems to be not in Android Studio classpath. Please ensure JAVA_HOME points to JDK rather than JRE.” shows, then:
- Download an RPM package of the Oracle JDK from their page (for your architecture i586 for 32bit or x64 for 64bit).
- Install the rpm
- Check where the dir prefix, where JDK were installed by “rpm -q –filesbypkg jdk” (In my case: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45/)
- Set the JAVA_HOME variable to point to the Oracle JDK: “export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45/“
- To make the changes persistent, continue with:
- Create a file “/etc/profile.d/java.sh“
- Put the line with path “export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45/” in it